Forum on local content in the expansion project of the Karachaganak field
On September 7, 2018, in Astana, in the «Hillton Astana» Hotel, a local content forum was held in the expansion project of the Karachaganak field. The representative of «Kazenergokabel» JSC was represented by the deputy head of the contract department – Shatskikh Sergey. The forum was organized by the PRK-1 Project Management Team, the Contracts and Procurement Division / Market Research and Supplier Qualifications Division, and the KPO Local Content Development Department.
At the event they discussed:
– a brief overview of the Karachaganak field;
– a brief overview and concept of the project PRK-1;
– KPO strategy for local content in the PRK-1;
– KPO requirements for tenders;
– the needs of the project PRK-1 in TRU;
– the process of contractual work, procurement and registration of suppliers, preliminary qualification of suppliers and requirements for tenders in KPO;
– MS in PPK-1.
In addition to discussions, the forum participants could communicate with the KPO General Director, the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Investment and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Akimat East Kazakhstan region, «PSA» LLP, the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan «Atameken», the «Kazenergy» Association and the «KazService» Union of Oilfield Services Companies of Kazakhstan .